Many of my readers already “know” me but I wanted to give a shout out to some of my new peeps that might be “seeing me” for the first time. This week I’m featured in my coach Sage Grayson’s blog (yes…I do have my own coach) and I welcome those of you who have clicked on over to my website.
Maybe you know me and maybe you don’t so I would like to share a few random things about Cathy “Coco” Colangelo.
- I absolutely CANNOT knit/crochet. (Ask Rebecca – my simple dish towel is still in knots in my closet.)
- I illustrated a children’s book that was published by my friend Sara Marchessault.
- I have naturally curly hair and my sisters don’t (sorry girls). And it wasn’t always curly. Hmmmm…..
- I’m the oldest sister and the shortest sister. (I told you these were random.)
- My mom didn’t waste any time getting me to work. She started me off with a Sunday morning paper route when I was about 14, then I worked at a local catering facility; the public library; Kentucky Fried Chicken; the secretarial pool at a mental health facility (no wise cracks please); back to the public library; waitress in the Poconos; worked at the shore for the summer (Best. Job.Ever.); a crazy father/son accountant duo who thought I was a complete genius because I could enter numbers into that newfangled thing called a computer (it was the 80’s); an insurance company – Finance and HR; Human resources in a manufacturing facility; administrative assistant at a private school and last (hopefully last) my own business. Whew. Thirty-five years (what??!!) in a nutshell. And p.s. my mom only got me the paper route.
- I’m not afraid to dress up in a costume for a good cause (e.g. crash test dummy for safety awareness, Minnie Mouse (with big giant head) and Jo Jo the Clown for my nieces’ birthday parties. I’m available weekends. I’ll give you a deal.
- My vision of Heaven is the beach.
- My vision of hell is gym class everyday and all we eat are canned white potatoes, circus peanuts and those gummy green mint leaves. (Insert blood curdling screams.)
- I give people nicknames that fit them perfectly. But they don’t know it. Be careful.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I had two imaginary friends when I was little – Davey Jones and Soupy Sales. Hmmmmm….
- I think I have a great sense of humor, although I can be a little sarcastic. When I was small my grandfather used to tell me that if I didn’t behave he would “fix my wagon”. I told him I didn’t have a wagon. And then I probably gave him a nickname. Sorry Pappap.
There you have it. Definitely random but I hope it made you smile. Coming up with random things about myself was harder than I thought it would be. It’s me. How can I not know myself? I guess we just don’t stop to think about all the pieces that make us who we are.
That’s one of the first things I do with my clients. I have them make lists of what they like, what makes them smile, etc. Sometimes we have to get back to the basics before we can move forward.
However, I digress. If you are new to my blog and website, I am a life and retreat coach. I work with professional women who are looking for more out of life. We do our work together through private coaching, workshops and retreats.
The beach is my “heaven on earth”. For the past four years, I have hosted the “Heavenly Retreat by the Sea”. Check out my website for pictures and be sure to enter the GIVEAWAY for the “Heavenly Retreat at Home” Kit. The winner will be selected on December 15th and as a bonus for signing up, you will also receive my weekly newsletter and be added to my mailing list.
Don’t forget to check out some of my favorite blog posts:
Thanks for stopping by “Your Life is Now”. I hope you found it informative, useful and fun.
If you would like to find out more about what I do and how coaching can be of value to you, send me an note and I’ll schedule a FREE “First Step” call.
Ready to take action?
Join the mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Clarity Coach Cathy